Written by Dominique Dupuis, atelier culinaire L'armoire du haut
1 package of tempeh, defrosted
1 tsp basil
1 tsp marjoram
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp sage
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp tamari sauce
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. Cut tempeh into cubes and put them in a pan. Add just enough water until cubes are submerged.
2. At medium heat, allow tempeh to simmer until water is absorbed (takes about 12-15 minutes).
3. Drain remaining water and add all remaining ingredients.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tempeh is lightly browned.
5. Skewer tempeh and vegetables (ideally green and red, such as peppers, tomatoes, etc.).
Can be served cold along with raw vegetables or warm by oven grilling prior to serving.
Serve with dijon mustard or chipotle dip.
This recipe can be used to make sticks that can be served like fries. Also, the tempeh can be crumbled and used as a meat substitute in classic recipes such as shepherd's pie, chili, stuffed peppers, etc.
This recipe is courtesy of Dominique Dupuis, from
l'atelier culinaire L'armoire du haut