Raw Lemon bars with Coconut
|Vegetarian Recipes - Desserts|
Photo: Raw Food Cuisine
1 cup almonds, soaked
1 1/2 cup soft dates
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
zest of one lemon
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup shredded coconut
1. In a food processor, finely chop the almonds. Use the finest almond powder to "flour" the bottom of a square cake pan.
2. Add remaining ingredients and continue to grind until everything is well blended.
3. Press the mixture into the cake pan.
4. Refrigerate several hours.
5. Cut into squares and serve.
You can keep the bars up to one week in the refrigerator.
This recipe is courtesy of Healthy Crusine.