Asian Lettuce Wrap
Written by Dominique Dupuis, atelier culinaire L'armoire du haut
8 Boston or Iceberg lettuce leaves
350 g firm tofu, crumbled
1 tbsp oil
½ onion diced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce, store bought or homemade
1 tbsp ginger
1½ tsp rice vinegar
½ can of water chestnuts, drained and diced
green onion chopped
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 cup of fresh chopped basil
½ cup chopped peanuts
1 cup soy beans
1 cup of grated carrot
1. Carefully rinse the lettuce and let dry, set aside.
2. In a pan, fry the onions in oil.
3. Add garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, and vinegar. Mix well.
4. Add the crumbled tofu, cook 5 minutes.
5. Add the water chestnuts, green onions and sesame oil and continue to cook for about 2 minutes, then turn off element. Stir well.
6. Put the tofu garniture in a bowl.
7. Put the lettuce leaves on a plate in the centre of the table with the bowl of tofu along with the other toppings.
8. Let people serve themselves. Using the lettuce leaf as a tortilla, they can put the tofu and other toppings on the leaf, then roll to make a wrap.
This recipe is courtesy of Dominique Dupuis, from
l'atelier culinaire L'armoire du haut
Thank you! Please check your email and confirm the newsletter subscription.
Abonnez-vous à notre infolettre
It seems that you have already subscribed to this list.
Click here to update your profile.