1 large bunch of kale
a drizzle of olive oil
a smidgen of grey sea salt
1 red pepper, cut into pieces
1 or 2 carrots, grated
1½ cups of shelled edamame (young soybeans sold in the frozen food stores or natural section of grocery stores)
3-4 tbsp of tahini (sesame butter)
juice of 1 squeezed lemon
herbes de Provence (or other herbs to taste)
1. Preparation of kale leaves
- Put the shredded kale leaves in a large bowl.
- Add a little oil and a little sea salt
- Rub the leaves with your hands to relax them! It sounds strange, but try it because the kale leaves are rather leathery and become very tender and bright green.
2. Preparation of ultra nutritious dressing
- Mix thoroughly (with a spoon) tahini, gradually incorporating water (one part tahini to one part water, or more) to obtain a creamy texture.
- Flavour with tamari (or Bragg), lemon juice and herbs.
3. Place the frozen edamame in boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Let cool.
4. Mix all ingredients (kale, peppers, carrots, edamame and salad dressing) and you will get a wonderful salad, tasty and full of vitality and nutrients.