Eggplant Caviar (Baba ganouj)
Written by Marie-France Julien
1 medium eggplant
1-2 cloves of garlic
2-4 tbsp tahini (sesame butter)
lemon juice (to taste)
½ tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
1. Use a knife to pierce the eggplant in several places. Cook at 400°F until it
becomes very soft (at least 45 mins).
2. Let cool then peel and remove as many seeds as possible from the
center (they are bitter). Put the eggplant flesh in the blender.
3. Add the lemon juice, tahini, cumin and salt (to taste).
4. Mix to a creamy consistency. Taste and add lemon juice or salt if necessary.
5. Serve with triangles of pita bread, raw vegetable sticks or crackers. Makes an excellent sandwich spread.
Add one cup of cooked chickpeas to add protein and substance.
Thank you! Please check your email and confirm the newsletter subscription.
Abonnez-vous à notre infolettre
It seems that you have already subscribed to this list.
Click here to update your profile.