Healthy Cesar Salad
Written by Anne-Marie Roy
1 large cos lettuce, torn into pieces
2 tbsp blanched ground almonds
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp nutritional yeast (e.g. Red Star)
2 tbsp tamari
3 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup water
1 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
3 pieces of whole-grain bread, toasted
a drizzle of olive oil
½ tsp rosemary
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
2. Brush the bread with olive oil.
3. Cut the bread into small cubes.
4. In a bowl, place the seasoning for the croutons and add the bread, shake to ensure it is coated.
5. Bake the cubes on a tray until they are dry (about 10 to 15 minutes).
6. In an electric blender mix all the ingredients for the dressing until smooth.
7. Pour the dressing over the lettuce, add the croutons and serve.