- Category: Salad
- Written by Anne-Marie Roy
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
2 large carrots, cooked and cubed
½ cup corn
4 shallots, minced (or 1 minced red onion)
1 large tomato, cut in pieces
1 red pepper (or another colour), cubed
¼ cup fresh parsley or fresh basil
2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil, or organic canola oil
1 tbsp tahini (sesame butter)
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp tamari, bragg or soy sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a saucepan, covered with its lid, cook the quinoa in the water for 15 minutes.
2. Let it cool to room temperature.
3. Prepare the dressing.
4. Add the vegetables to the quinoa.
5. Add the dressing, mix well and enjoy.